Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Best Films of the Decade 2000-2009

Best Films of the Decade 2000-2009

I’ve been noticing lists are popping up to name the top movies of the decade. I thought I’d put out my 2 cents. At the very least, the list tells a little about my tastes and influences.
In no particular order:

Requiem For a Dream: "Now we come to step three. This... drives... most... people... crazy."

There Will Be Blood: “I drink your milkshake!”

Amores Perros: “Is this kidnapping or robbery?”

Amélie: "At least you'll never be a vegetable - even artichokes have hearts."

Donnie Darko: "Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"

Memento: “I have this condition”

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: “ Meet me… in Montauk…”

City of God: "I can read only the pictures."

No Country for Old Men: "Anywhere not in your pocket. Where it'll get mixed in with the others and become just a coin. Which it is."

Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2: "I don't know... because I'm a bad person."

The Incredibles: "Virtually indestructible, yet it breathes like Egyptian cotton."

Pan’s Labyrinth: "My mother told me to be wary of Fauns."

Spirited Away: “No Face, where did you learn to spin thread?"

The Royal Tenenbaums: "Anybody interested in grabbing a couple of burgers and hittin' the cemetery?"

American Psycho: "I have to return some videotapes."

Tekkon Kinkreet: "This whole city's going to burn."

Inglorious Basterds: "What's that English saying about shoes and feet?"

The Dark Knight: "Wanna know how I got these scars?"

The Departed: "Hey, she fell funny."

What am I missing?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hellboy II, for the visuals alone.

Anonymous said...

Aaaand Mutual Appreciation. Pure brilliance.

Anonymous said...

Other than that, I think your list nails it all.